Monday, December 01, 2008

a time for cartwheels

I know next to nothing about any Zodiac sign but my own, something I'm sure astrology buffs attribute to the fact that I am a Leo, the most egotistical of the firmamenty bunch. And while I can't say I put much faith in the system, I do so love when folks like the good and worthy Rob Brezsny serve up stuff like this:

--------------

LEO (Jul 23 - Aug 22)
When he's in his prime, a male panda performs an average of eight handstands a day. There's no apparent evolutionary purpose in this stunt. He does it because it feels good. I suggest you make him your role model in the coming week, Leo. Identify three activities you can do not because they're "good for you" or because they'll advance some goal you're pursuing, but simply for the sheer fun of it. If you can't think of any play-time endeavors that fit this description, do the meditation and research necessary to find some. Whatever deeds you ultimately settle on, do them at least eight times a day. (P.S. Do you know how to do cartwheels?)

--------------

Have you too been granted permission to stand on your hands? Find out.

Followers