Thursday, October 25, 2007

nanoo, nanoo, nanowrimo

I'm skipping the cranberry, turkey, and sweet potatoes to hole up and draft a novel. It's not optional. I have the bandwidth now. Tomorrow buses may swerve and hit me. Hitchcockian starlings may descend and poke my eyes out. I may end up loopy like Mozart or on the tracks like Gaudi at the very next possible moment. Like ... now! So what am I waiting for exactly? Enough laziness. Andiamo, Betta!

I am lucky to have the ideas, community, blinky garlands of words, the whole shebang. So I've signed up and gotten the below letter back from the support system I'm going to use to stay focused. It's a big, ridiculous, sprinty writing party called NaNoWriMo.

You know this has to mean that it will be a blackout period for the blog. In t-minus six days, Betta done gone fishin' for a brief writer's holiday. Mayhaps sooner while I shop around for a desk chair (Yeah, because Hemingway? He had it all wrong with this standing at the desk thing). I'll flip the shingle back over first dawn of December. Come up and see me at that time, wouldja?

Lookie look:

------------------------------

Dear eeegenie,

Well, you did it. You've gone and pledged your November to the pursuit of the month-long novel. Whether this is your first or ninth NaNoWriMo, we know you're going to have a great time, and we're thrilled to have you writing with us.

Followers